Monday, April 24, 2006

Local elections

This is what happens when I try to email Haringey council:

<council.tax@haringey.gov.uk>:
Connected to 213.48.201.4 but sender was rejected.
Remote host said: 550 This system has been configured to reject your mail (B)

which pretty much sums up what a heap of shit it is. If an email ever does get through it seems to be council policy not to reply.

The local elections are coming up and while I shall definitely be casting my vote, after all if you don't vote for change then essentially you're voting for things to continue as they are, I'm decidedly sceptical as to what the effect will be on council services should the Lib Dems take control. After all, the same people will be working for the council won't they? And they're the ones who can't be bothered to reply to emails.

They've sold off Ally Pally (after millions of pounds of residents money was spent refurbishing it - and will be for the next 10 years), installed stupid 'Slow down - 30mph' flashing warning signs all over Muswell Hill and still haven't made Crouch Hill a red route so the W3/W7 takes years to get up and down it because of cars parked along the whole length of it. Whereever buses go there should be a proper bus lane, that no one's allowed to park in, even just to use the cashpoint (I'm talking about Highbury corner here, you inconsiderate fucknuts) and it should actually be wide enough for a bus to get through.

They only useful thing they've done is update Park Road Leisure Centre. What they don't say is that the prices went up 2 weeks after this article, and that residents don't even get a discount. Haringey council workers do though! Presumably to counteract all that sitting around on their arses all day doing fuck all.

4 comments:

bagelmouse said...

Those flashing signs really freak me out. At first I only ever saw them at distance, out of the corner of my eye, and I was convinced I was seeing things. How come they can install those, but they take 10 weeks to provide us with an extra recycling box and never replaced the big communal recycling bins round the back of Sainsburys?

Are we officially middle aged now?

Jamie said...

No, just middle classed.

Tim said...

I quite like muswell because there are so few pikey chavs. I've got a great wine shop, fishmonger and bakery at the top of my road and the view across London is awesome. Only thing I don't like so far is that parking my huge car is a bit tricky.

Will said...

Well you did buy a bungalow on wheels.