Friday, May 05, 2006

Local elections II

So the Lib Dems made some gains in Haringey. Didn't get enough though. And also they lost control of Islington, which makes me wonder what Islington residents know about the Lib Dems that our electioneering Lib Dem councillors haven't told us?

Anyway, I thought I'd be more disappointed but I get the impression that it doesn't really matter who's in charge. Ultimately you get shafted one way or the other.

And our local MP, Lynne Featherstone's ill-informed ramblings about fictitious drugs don't really help their case. Brought to her attention by her 'researcher'? I'm sorry but I wouldn't trust a researcher who hasn't heard of Google. Who else remembers David Amess asking a question about the evil drug Cake in Parliament? At least he was set up.

I didn't like her sticking the knife into Charles Kennedy with all the other opportunists when his alcoholism came to light either. He may be an alcoholic (which is an illness you know, so a bit of sympathy wouldn't go amiss) but he's better suited to running the party than this old codger.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Yep, it looks like your MP is a spectacular waste of skin.