Friday, June 30, 2006

Day off

I had a day off today so decided to take advantage of our unseasonably good weather, and plonked myself in the grounds of Ally Pally, just next door to me. And very pleasant it was too, being totally empty until after 5. I pride myself on being careful in the sun after too many sunburn incidents as a youngster, suffering merely burnt ankles in Australia, but I may have underestimated our own sunshine. Rubbish as it may be, I still managed to get a neat line across my back dividing where I could reach with sun cream, and where I couldn't.

I'm think of getting a Creative mp3 player like Jamie - the addition of a radio is too good to miss, and according to the luddite's luddite (Jamie) it works fine with iTunes. If he can make it work, anyone can. It won't work with anything purchased through iTunes though, but since I've bought a grand total of 5 songs, I can't say I'm that fussed. I don't get why people buy music this way - it's actually cheaper to get it from somewhere like Amazon, then rip it to mp3 - and play it on whatever you want with no restrictions. And you actually own the physical album, rather than an easily destroyed music file. People baffle me sometimes. It can't all be down to teenage girls downloading single album tracks because they heard them on the OC can it?

3 comments:

bagelmouse said...

Ah, that would be why you didn't get my email about Elgar then...

kate said...

get a creative zen sleek. they're great.

Ant said...

I stripped and re-oiled a load of garden furniture in glorious sunshine a few weeks back, and got similar sunburn. Infuriatingly, I now know you *can* reach all of your back, because my sunburn was in a little blurry-edged ring around the elusive spot in the middle which I'd assumed I hadn't protected.

Alos, thanks to the magic of high factor sun cream, I aquired hardly any tan, except for the red, peeling spot. It looks like I've been branded with a specially heated bagel.