Monday, July 10, 2006

Blocked

Apparently I'm missing very exciting stuff in Big Brother, but nevermind. I've had to extend my stay here because whereas I hadn't planned on doing much, you realise very quickly that there's a lot to cover.

Did you watch the match then? I think just about everyone did. I had to stay up late to watch it, but it was worth it. That Zidane, tut tut. I was absolutely shocked by what he did. It just goes to show that even the best can lose it sometimes. Still, he deserves it for such an arrogant first goal.
In other news; it's really hot here, but I'm starting to get used to it. I know people always say 'it's like being in a sauna' but that's often an exageration. Not here though. You step out of any air conditioned building and you're sweating profusely in a matter of seconds. Although next month is when it gets really hot. I'm not sure who came up with the idea of building a city in the middle of the desert, but their marketing people seem to have excelled in bringing people here. They might be launching a bid to host the World Cup in 2014, but seriously they've got no chance. Who can run around in 45 degree heat, that feels like 55 because of the humidity? Although they might just build all the stadiums indoors, and call it World Cup City.

Plus they're fascists when it comes to internet access - this is what I get when I try to access a pretty innocent site like hotornot.....

2 comments:

bagelmouse said...

My mouth is twitching at the corners... I want to laugh but I think I should just refer you back to Helen's earlier post instead...

Cool! Today's random collection of letters to confirm I'm a real human being is "zaffutov". I'm going to have to think of something that could mean now.

"Zaffutov" (v) the act of being dumb enough to try to access a site rating members of the opposite sex from the Middle East. "Yeah, he was zaffutoving in Saudi Arabia, they cut his hands off."

Anonymous said...

Well I think that you are missing the point a bit here, I have to survive an extra 24 hours without my darling boyfriend here to look after and battel the worst cold I have had all year!!