Saturday, July 22, 2006

Elgar update

He's still alive.
He hasn't jumped out of the window.
He's quite needy. He doesn't like being shut in.
He doesn't like poncy cat food.
He likes Whiskas.
He especially likes licking the jelly off.
He's done his first crap (I was getting a bit worried).
He's completely uncoordinated when it comes to using a litter tray (most of the cornflakes ended up on the floor).
He must be running out of hair by now.
He clickity clacks everywhere he goes on my wooden floor.
He's not the slightest bit interested in scratching posts or his bed (even after they were both laced with catnip).
His flabby belly shows no signs of receding.
He seems mostly nocturnal, which is a bit of a pain at the moment, but he's bound to calm down once he realises there's nothing to do at night time, and he'll only get fed during the day.
He likes snuggling.
He needs to learn to retract his claws when doing so.

1 comment:

bagelmouse said...

Typical. I'll have to buy another catnip mousie from Muswell Hill pet shop (as his original one evidently got left at the fosterers) - maybe if you rub that all over the place he'll do stuff. Or, I'll just give him a manicure when I next visit (emery board).

He might be more lively at night cos it's less hot?

You know, I could probably just call you and discuss all this rather than communicate with you via your blog :-)

But fuck me, if he's needy he's going to be so pissed off when I start going to work for dumbass lengths of time. Can you explain to him that I ordered an independent cat?