Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Holiday, Celebrate

We're off for the weekend, after a friend kindly agreed to look after the beast which doth not deign to use a litter tray. We're going to have a look around Stonehenge (at 5 in the morning...) and Avebury, and pop over to Bath. In anticipation I've ordered a new camera for holiday snaps. I can't wait, for either the holiday or the camera.

I've got a shiny IBM Thinkpad T42 with frankly loads of great geeky components in it, but by far the best thing about it is the 'Active Protection System', which protects all it's geeky components whenever I pick it up, swing it under my arm, and head off to do some emails sitting on the toilet. It's nice that it keeps up the wireless connection too. But the best bit about it is the display (their must be a gyroscope in it somewhere). This is what it looks like when I turn it on it's side:


The other frankly awesome thing about it is the little light on the top of the screen, which illuminates the keyboard for when you're trying to type in low light. Ingenius.

By the way, what's the difference between genius and ingenius?

5 comments:

Alison said...

Doesn't genius relate to a person and ingenius relates to the idea itself? Hold on let me check that before I write it down and allow myself to look as stupid as I am.
Yeah that is kind of it I guess.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/genius

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ingenious

I don’t know if these links will work, but I am sure you all know the copy and paste method.

Alison said...

That and there is no such word as ingenius, it is ingenious. But as I followed your lead and spelt it wrong the first time I shant act too high or mighty about it.

Anonymous said...

There's no such word as shant.

bagelmouse said...

Actually, I've only just read that post properly (my failed geekness has started to filter out technobabble), but to paraphrase from Friends: Will, promise me you'll never email me from the toilet.

Alison said...

Yes there is, I refer you to;
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shant
Right so I still don't know how to put in a link so here it is –

1 entry found for shant.
shan't ( P ) Pronunciation Key (shnt, shänt)

Contraction of shall not.

Just because my grammar is shit does not mean that my vocabulary is. Or are you being pedantic and meaning that a contraction is not a word but a contraction??
Now you have me riled, who are you? Reveal yourself!!