Sunday, November 26, 2006

Infestation! UPDATE

I cleaned out the whole cupboard and threw out all the food that was open. I thought at this stage it's better to contain the problem until the traps arrive so I left a few bits of pasta from the mice to chew on. Today I woke up and opened the cupboard, this is what I saw:


A few thoughts sprung to mind, firstly 'awww, how cute' to respect that they don't seem to be scared of me anymore - they just sat there - and then bemusement as I'm not really sure what to do now. Can I try sweeping them into a bag? Will they just scarper? Will my four traps be enough?

Any ideas anyone?

4 comments:

Tim said...

I'd make a nice pie.

bagelmouse said...

Oh. My. God.

I'll give you a bag full of Elgar's fur sweepings, the smell might keep them away for a while.

I'd call in a proper extermination service. Or, someone here in the office just suggested one of those ultrasonic things that mice can hear but people can't.

They're cute, but not when they're in your kitchen...

Guy said...

Cute!

I'm getting a case of deja-vu since my old flat had a one-mouse infestation a couple of years ago.

I bought a humane mouse trap, loaded it with chocolate, and caught the bugger within a couple of hours! Let him go in the local park. He sure could run away fast.

( Yes, he left lots of little shit pellets in the nooks and crannies of my kitchen, and devoured part of a box of chocolates, cardboard and all. )

Tim said...

Look at this William

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/play_uk.php?id=1807864