Monday, February 12, 2007

Tromso

The hotel's that way.... in fact it's the building at the top, just to the right of the path, you can just about make it out.



It's also got free internet and a media card reader so maybe I'll put a couple more photos up while we're here. It's not too cold by the way, Oslo was colder at about -10 but I think it's just -6 here. The last couple of nights were spent sleeping on moving vehicles (train and boat) so I have this continuing sensation whenever I sit still that the floor is still moving. Hopefully it'll wear off soon.

Saw some incredible scenery from the Hurtigrute over the last day as we traversed the fjords around the Lofoten Islands but the major thing I can't get over is that no matter how barren and inhospitable these places look they are populated. I guess the fishing's good because I can't think what else they'd do up here.

No comments: