Thursday, March 15, 2007

Boring grown up post

Shocked as I was to realise that I've been living in my flat for 2 years now, even more shocked was I when Abbey let me know what my new monthly mortgage repayments would be as my interest rate changed to their standard variable rate. We're talking an extra over £200 a month. So, about 3 weeks ago I applied to remortgage with ING Direct and I've got to say, it was an absolute piece of piss. Hence why I'm plugging them here. You fill in a couple of forms and that's it. They do everything for you and don't even charge you any fees. Nice.

I know the rate's going to have to go up soon though as it's remained the same throughout the last couple of rate rises, but I chose it because I didn't want to be tied into anything and I want the flexibility to overpay now and again. Whether I'll actually ever do that is a moo point.

3 comments:

Pete said...

On the subject of boring grown-upness, we're feeling incredibly smug that we managed to get our council tax band put down to D from E, saving us £300 a year or thereabouts. Also a peace of piss, as you can kick it off through a website.

Even better, following our precedent our neighbours in an identical house two doors down from us should be able do the same to claim back 16 years of overpayment.

Pete said...

I meant piece of piss, obviously. Time for another coffee.

bagelmouse said...

Oo, I'm loving the no fees thing. Remind me about this in a year when my mortgage deal runs out; the rate's excellent as well, that's what mine used to be before all these rate rises. Snap it up, go! Go!

I'm off to get my slippers now.