Saturday, November 24, 2007

Barnét

It's so easy to fall into the trap of only blogging about the shit that life throws at you. Often it's the only thing the really motivates you to write, happiness has never created great art. I'm as guilty of this as anyone. But life is not just an endless succession of annoyances and impositions put upon you by the actions of others. Sometimes we all need to stop for a moment and reflect on the endless potential and wealth of experiences that life can offer. Even just to think about how amazing being alive actually is.

I woke up this morning with a killer hangover but blissfully happy. I was out after work, and then back to my old stomping ground in Barnet. It's easy to forget how much joy can be had from something as simple as hanging out with friends. I have a love/hate relationship with Barnet. I couldn't wait to get out on my own but it always makes me feel warm and welcome when I return. It grounds me I think, and difficulties elsewhere in my life don't seem so important. I think it's vital to surround yourself with people who have known you a long time. Even more so as we grow older and take on more of life responsibilities. New relationships keep life fresh, old ones keep life real.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are SUCH a hippy ...

Jamie said...

Nah man, it's all true.

Good post. Yo.