Saturday, March 01, 2008

7 things

I've been ordered to list 7 things I think are good, so I will duly oblige, in no particular order.
  1. Music. Without music my life would be like a silent movie and consequently, like a silent movie, it would be shit.
  2. Drinking tea in the the bath. The height of gentlemanly leisure.
  3. My girlfriend. Ahh. And no, she's not sitting next to me.
  4. Molton Brown, because even gentlemen need good skin.
  5. Train travel, comfortable and green.
  6. 6Music. It's enlightening to listen to the radio and not hear the same songs over and over again.
  7. Haribo. God bless you and all your gummi goodness.
You'll notice I've focused on things that are good for me. I support charity, for example, but I can't say it's ever done anything for me. Starving Africans can put Oxfam on their own list...

Now here are 7 things I just don't understand:
  1. Why fridges have lights but freezers don't.
  2. How much faith people put in 'experts' when what seems to qualify most people as an expert is only that they're the most vocal on a subject. This includes religion.
  3. The popularity of cheese.
  4. The success of Ryanair. Ugly planes, inconvenient destinations, surly staff and not even that cheap any more.
  5. Why rail travel is so expensive in this country.
  6. How to live a fulfilling life full of things I enjoy without sacrificing 5/7ths of it to earning a crust.
  7. Death, the extinguishing of consciousness, the soul and the concept of nothingness to follow.
There you go. Sorry it ended on a bit of a downer. I'm not into the whole tagging thing as I don't have enough internet friends, but feel free to come up with your own.

I'm off to Liverpool now to get spectacularly plastered.

1 comment:

bagelmouse said...

Freezers. Bloody good point. Especially when it's only the freezer that I find myself scrabbling around wondering whether the object at the back is bacon or fish... and getting very cold very quickly.